Sunday, November 7, 2010

MGRP Refelction

I came across this cartoon as I was doing the research for our MGRP and it really inspired me to search further for the questions that I had about multimodality.  Today, everywhere in the world people are asking how educational systems can be transformed into ones truly appropriate for our time. How can people of all ages learn how to learn? How can they develop skills to deal with complexity and challenges that have never before existed? How can schools that were created for another time meet the needs of an increasingly diverse population of students?

In our research we found that multimodality promotes the development of a broad range of learners, such as visual, auditory, and tactile/kinesthetic.  Mulitmodality gives students opportunities to choose many of their own activities as well as having an enjoyable atmosphere that promotes exploration and the fun of learning.  Above all, multimodality allows students to be active participants rather than a passive observers. 
This is just a brief reflection.  We will share the rest of our research and findings with you during class tomorrow.






3 comments:

  1. I had never heard the word multimodality used before but once I read what it was I knew what it was. I guess I had never heard the word used before...or maybe I have and I just don't remember. It sounds like your presentation is going to be interesting! I can't wait to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on finishing. i look forward to hearing your presentation since the topic is something we'll have to work on for our last project

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked your post and I would have loved to have that cartoon with my MGRP project! I do some issues with over use of technology, but if you as the teacher create an indpeth rubric you will see more of balance in students works. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete